For those who need a little sparkle in their lives.

For the ones who contribute to art in their own way.



Friday, November 14, 2014

HOME DIY: How to make Faux French Doors

I'm a sucker for French Doors. They are so chic and elegant. However, their prices are not always so chic and elegant. A quick and easy solution? MIRRORS! 

All you need: Mirrors, Extreme Mounting Tape, Ruler, Scissors,  Leveler, Measuring tape, a pencil, and any door you want.

I found this great deal of $10 for a 6 pack of 12x12 mirrors (Deco Mirrors) at Home Depot. I also found Scotch Extreme mounting tape there as well ($6.97). My dad lent me his leveler, which doubled as my ruler. Next, measure the dimensions of your door and bring that 6th grade math in *snaps fingers* ! If you have a mirror that's 12x12, you can pretty much play around with figures to see how much space you want in between mirrors. Unfortunately for me......I forgot about the door handle, which threw off my measurements and I realized too late. It's ok...you can learn from my mistakes! Once you have your measurements down, lightly sketch out your borders on the door....this will help, trust me!

Simply cut and place small pieces of tape onto the back of every mirror. I placed a total of 9 small pieces, just to be safe. Peel off the protection part of the tape and press the mirror onto your door!

  Before: Simple & Boring Door                                                 After: Chic Faux French Door!
Interior Design Tip: Mirrors placed in front of light, bounce light back to visually add more space into a room. Thus, tricking the eye into making a space seem bigger.


Luckily I have a window right across the hall from this door. The picture above shows how light is bounced back.

Thanks again for reading! Don't forget to subscribe and comment below. 
Until next time...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment