For those who need a little sparkle in their lives.

For the ones who contribute to art in their own way.



Thursday, November 13, 2014

DIY Kitchen Makeover for Renters: Floors

   If you're like me, simplicity does not excite you. Who doesn't want some excitement in his/her life? Ok yes...floors are not THAT exciting...but redesigning is! The floors in my kitchen were not that horrible, but they did not go with the Loft-gray-kina-theme I want to execute in the future. I took a trip down to my  local Home Depot and came cross this beauty.

I can't remember the exact name. But i know it was under $1 per Vinyl Tile in the Flooring Section. I love these things!

 Tip: If you're a righty, start on the left side of your area. If you're a lefty, start on the right side. It will make things easier! Rip off the back plastic paper and place on desired tile. That's it! 
 When you get to tight/small areas, these things are super easy to cut with regular scissors.
 Flush a piece of tile in the area you need to fill and place another straight edge (in my case, another piece of tile) and try to draw a straight line from one corner of a done tile, to the other corner of the uncovered side. You should end up with a shape for the piece you are trying to fill ( I made A LOT of mistakes so...no worries if it's not perfect. No one ever is).

BEFORE:                                                                   AFTER:

  A little close up por favor!

 My kitchen it tiny, so it took me about 20 mins to finish. I'm not too sure how the removal process will be when my lease is up...hopefully not too bad. lol. However, there you go! Another quick and cheap update to change up a Renter's Apartment!

Until next time! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment