For those who need a little sparkle in their lives.

For the ones who contribute to art in their own way.



Thursday, March 17, 2011

DIY Spiked Heels

I ADORE SPIKED HEELS!!...........unfortunately, my wallet?...does not.
So I decided to make my own less expensive version =-)
Example: Shoe by Ruthie Davis [materials]:

[1}: A drill.


(sorry I'm not good with tool/hardware names...I just took this from my dad's toolshead) Bascially...as long as you can carefully make a hole through the shoe, you're good. lol
[2}: Marker, pencil, or pen to draw where you want the spikes in.


[3}: An Ice-Pick, or something pointy to poke through the hole.
[4}: screw-on Spikes


[5}: Random wooden block. ->
(This will be your safety "don't-drill-through-my-fingers" block.)
[6}: Fav pair of boots, heels, or shoes of choice.
(the booties above are an old pair from Payless that I never wore)



[steps]:

[1]: Carefully drill holes into your shoe.

[2]: After the holes are made, poke through them with your tool of choice and even out/expand the holes so the screws and spike can slide through easily.

[3]: Screw in your spikes. Follow directions as indicated by www.studsandspikes.com

[4]: "Carefully"...rock out and party!!























1 comment:

  1. These are really cute. I hope these are street legal. x)

    ReplyDelete